IEO - Istituto Europeo di Oncologia - POSTDOCTORAL POSITION
One postdoctoral position is available in the Unit of Luisa Lanfrancone (Target Identification and
Validation) at the Department of Experimental Oncology, IEO, Milan starting January 1st 2018.
The Unit is primarily interested in identifying and characterizing cellular pathways governing the biology of melanoma, which can be eventually targeted pharmacologically. To this end new epigenetic and metabolic vulnerabilities have been isolated by an in vivo shRNA-based screening approach (Bossi et al, Cancer Discovery 2016, D’Alesio et al, Oncotarget 2016, Carugo et al, Cell Reports 2016).
The successful candidate will be in contact with medical and basic scientists, and involved in the main projects of the lab, namely:
1) Identification of actionable candidates in therapy-resistant metastatic melanomas by in vivo and in vitro shRNA screens
2) Modelling of the metastatic process in vivo, to identify and target, genes and pathways involved in dissemination
3) Reprogramming of the metastatic phenotype
4) Combinatorial drug testing in vitro and in vivo in therapy-resistant melanomas
This is a two-year fellowship position, with the possibility of a renewal. The laboratory is located in the Department of Experimental Oncology of the European Institute of Oncology (IEO), a Comprehensive Cancer Center based on state-of-the-art research laboratories and clinical facilities, fully equipped, relying on dedicated and trained personnel.
Required requisites of the candidate:
• MA degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Pharmacology, Veterinary, Medicine or relative disciplines awarded by an Italian university or a title obtained abroad which has been recognized as equivalent to the Italian degree;
• PhD in Biology, Biotechnology, Oncology, Genetics, Pharmacology, Veterinary, Molecular Medicine or relative disciplines;
• good/excellent knowledge of the English language;
• at least one first author publication;
• strong background in in vitro and in vivo cancer cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry;
• committed to independently take responsibility over the project, being reliable and precise;
• some computational skills and experience in large-scale data analysis can be useful.
If interested, please send your CV, a short description of research interests and 2 letters of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org.